Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Different Situations
We are called to be submissive to: God, to all authority instituted by men (including slavery), to our husbands, to one another (brothers and sisters in Christ?), to our leaders (elders?), and to those who are older than us. That means I should be in submission to the officer who wrote me that ticket and to each of you and to Dr. Chandler whether I like it or not. My issue with this is that the majority of the time, I'd rather not listen to someone else. For example, I would love to ignore the authority of the officer that gave me a ticket. I tend to buck and pull at the reigns instead of willingly submitting to the authorities in my life. However, Jesus showed submission all through His life, even when He was entitled to do otherwise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment