"The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice." Proverbs 12:15
Summary of my thoughts: In order to grow in wisdom in our "new lives" we have to listen to and accept the advice of others. We have to be willing to be challenged, and then either defend our positions or modify our thoughts and behaviors. I have a difficult time with this because I don't really like to be criticized. I think a lot of times religion is a topic that people get overly defensive about, myself included. We feel that our spiritual life is so much a part of ourselves that any challenge could bring the whole system crashing down. However, we need to be able to take correction in stride. We can still debate and defend ourselves if we truly believe our position, but it is our responsibility to listen to others' advice.
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment