Monday, March 31, 2008

Sharing Your Life

I think the apostles seemed to demonstrate Jesus' love in their efforts not to inconvenience anyone. They "worked night and day" so that they would not become burdens. I think what their toil shows is genuine concern for people. By sharing their lives literally, they become tangible models of Christ's love and compassion. It's not like we as Christians live lives of privilege because of our faith; it is our responsibility to love the lost like Jesus loved us and to care for them. This has a lot to do with my theory that in today's world we can't evangelize with a fire and brimstone gospel. No one cares about the consequences unless they hear about the rewards of Christianity. "For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me." Matthew 25:35-36

No comments: