The word that stuck out to me the most from 2 Timothy 2:15 is "diligent." I think that I lack that persistance in my spiritual life. I rarely spend time reading God's word or lifting up deep prayers and praise. I think God is trying to tell me that the way I live now is not the life He has called me to; He wants me to be a deep person.
a. God's Word is final, it is the ultimate authority, it is law. Like any other law of the land, we must revere, honor, and follow it.
b. Going back to "diligence," God demands that we pursue His commands, that we know them. We can't possibly be approved or worthy in the eyes of God if we haven't invested the time to know what He commands.
c. This is a soap box topic for me. To be brief, we must "speak the truth in love." We must discern what is right and what is wrong. We must provide gentle correction with compassion. We must speak from God's will and not our own impulses or opinions.
Monday, February 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment